How To Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card Part I. How To Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card with Wondershare Data Recovery
You can easily recover your deleted files with a software named Wondershare Data Recovery. Here's how to do it.
Step by Step Guide
- Install Wondershare Data Recovery on your computer after downloading.
- Then open the software with Administrator Privilege and click on Next.
- Now, choose the file type which you want to recover and click Next.
- Then select the location from where you have lost your files and click Next. If you don't know the exact location then select I can't remember.
- If you want to use deep scan then checkmark the Enable Deep Scan.
- After that click on Start to begin the recovery process.
- Then it will scan and display all the files which can be recovered. You have to select any files you want to recover from the left pane of the screen.
- After selecting the files click on Recover.
- Then it will ask you to choose the location to save the recovered files.
- Just navigate to your desired folder and click on Recover. Remember, do not select the drive from where your files were deleted
- And finally your files will be recovered in a snap.
How To Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card Part II. 5 Alternatives for How To Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card
There are a lot of software available for recovering deleted files. Some are free and others are not. TestDisk is a free software which can do the trick for you. Here's a review of TestDisk.
- It can easily fix partition table.
- Can be used to recover whole deleted partition.
- Also can be used to recover FAT32 boot sector from backup.
- You can rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector easily with this soft.
- Fixing FAT tables is another important feature.
- You can also rebuild NTFS boot sector.
- Similarly, as FAT boot sector, you can recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- It has the feature to MFT .
- It has the feature to locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup Super Block.
- Recover files from any file system such as- FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file system.
How to Use TestDisk
- At first, you have to run the app with Administrator privilege. You can do this by right clicking on the .exe file and then click on the Run as administrator option.
- The app will open with a command prompt window.
- Now, you have to create a new log file. To do that, highlight the option Create on the cmd with your keyboard's arrow keys. Then press Enter key to select.
- After creating the log file, you will see all the drives you have on your PC with all the details.
- Now, select the drive from where your precious data ware deleted with arrow keys and press Enter key to proceed.
- After that, you have to select the partition table type. Normally, the default one is the correct one. OS, just press Enter key to proceed.
- Now, select Advanced option and press Enter to proceed.
- Now, select the partition where your deleted files were available.
- And, finally choose Undelete to recover your deleted files.
- Then, after some time you will see all the information of your deleted files in red colored text.
- Now, highlight the file or whole partition/directory with arrow keys and press c to copy the files to recover them.
- Now, you have to select the destination folder by the arrow keys and press Enterkey. Remember, don not select the directory from where you are recovering files. Select any other directory.
- When copying finished, you will get all the files back and press 1 to exit the TestDisk app.
- It is an open source software. So, you can get it free.
- It can be used for lot of reasons. Not only to recover deleted data.
- It can be run under almost any operating system.
- It is a portable software, which means you do not have to install it. Rather, you can easily use it directly from the executable.
- This is a portable application. Some users might get confused to run it directly.
- Usually, TestDisk run from the command prompt on Windows, which can be troublesome for some users.
"Brilliant Software for Recovering"
October 03, 2015 | By Superfast333 | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.14
"Thanks for TestDisk software creator who saved my time, I had been working for 10 hours to recover my formatted drive and I tried lots of software but unfortunately they didn't work and at last, I found TestDisk which recovered all my important files. Thank you so much for the owner of TestDisk for creating such a great software for Recovery. Highly Recommended."
July 09, 2015 | by djjangelo | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.14
"Extremely fast and worked exactly as described"
"Literally changed my life"
January 26, 2013 | by popesantaxiv | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.14
"I needed to recover a few videos that my sister had deleted from the camcorder. My SO also borrowed it from time to time to take make videos of his road trip and meetings and whatnot. Anyway, I am kind of in a state of shock right now due to the nature of images that suddenly showed up. Hundreds of them. Oh god why...
Needless to say, I did get back the video I was looking for, plus extras."
Download link: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
PhotoRec is freeware which comes in a bundle with TestDisk. You can easily recover any type of files with PhotoRec. Here is a brief review of the software.
- It can recover documents, video, images and almost every type of files.
- It can be used to recover file from external memory card.
- It can also recover data from CD-ROMs.
- It ignores data type which means it can recover almost any severely damaged data despite of its format.
- It uses read-only access to your files.
How to Use PhotoRec
- At first, you have to run the app with administrator privilege.
- After running, you have to choose the disk or directory from where you want to recover the files.
- Use the arrow keys of your keyboard to highlight the disk/directory on the command prompt and press Enter to proceed.
- After that, you can start the recovery by selecting the Search option from the CMD.
- Now, you can select any options according to your requirement. However, you can choose Paranoid if you want to recover your files without getting confused or if you are a novice.
- Now, you can select the file formats then select next to proceed.
- After that, choose the file system type where your deleted files were available.
- Now, if you want to recover only deleted files then select Free option.
- Then select the destination drive where you want to recover your files. Remember, select a different drive other than the drive from where your files were deleted.
- After that, wait for a while and when the recovery is finished, select Quit to close the app.
- It is a free software.
- It ignores file formats. So that you can recover almost every types of files with it.
- PhotoRec can recognize almost 480 type file extensions.
- It can be used to recover files from camera too.
- Sometime, it can be tricky to use the app because of DOS user interface.
"Irreplaceable Wedding Photos Recovered"
August 12, 2013 | By OccasionalCNET | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.14
"We had a corrupted SD Card that camera was unable to access and computer could not mount. PhotoRec found the photos quickly and saved them to the designated folder"
"After spending $175 on others, free program works best!"
July 18, 2012 | By SoBeSparky | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.14
"Recovered everything that was on the drive, all partitions, except for compressed backups. Presto, I am back. Step by step instructions on line helps"
"Saved my bacon, and I do like bacon"
November 17, 2012 | By Marmotking1 | Version: TestDisk and PhotoRec 6.1401
"I can't speak to the myriad other problems this program may solve, but if you've got important images buried in corrupt media, PhotoRec could be the answer to your prayers."
Download link: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download
3. Undelete plus
If you want to recover your deleted files at any cost. You can try Undelete plus. It is a very useful software for that cause. It can save a lot of your time by recovering your precious files. Here is quick run-down of that software.
- It can be used to recover files from any corrupted drive.
- Even if you have permanently deleted files, you can recover those files with Undelete plus.
- You can also recover files, if you have reinstalled your windows.
How to Use Undelete plus
- At first open the app.
- Then on the left side you will have the option to choose the directory from where your files were deleted. Choose the correct directory. If you don't know the exact directory then you can choose each of the directories.
- After selecting the directory, click on Start Scan on the upper side of the screen.
- Then it will search all of your deleted files and will show you the files.
- After that, you can choose specific files that you want to recover. And then click on Recover File to start recovering.
- You can change the destination folder of the recovered file by Browsing from the option Recover selected files to.
- You can recover deleted files even after reinstalling windows.
- Very user-friendly interface.
- Very fast recovering process.
- It is not free. You have to buy it.
"Just wanted to say thank you for a brilliant product. I tried a few other freeware apps and though good they didn't find the files I wanted, but yours did, wonderful." -By Gordon M
"A short note to let you know that your software is incredible – super fast and actually does what it is meant to! I think the other players out there should take a lesson from you guys in delivering what the blurb says. Many thanks for the straight talk and honest delivery." -By Steve C
"You have a wonderful product that truly saved me! I deleted some very important work photos and thought I had lost them forever. With the help of your product I was able to recover them. Thank you!!!!" -By Teresa C
Download link: https://www.undeleteplus.com/files/undeleteplus_setup.exe
If you don't want to spend money to recover your deleted files. Then you can try 'Restoration'. It is a very easy to use software. Here is brief description about this software.
- Can be used to recover deleted data.
- It works with FAT and NTFS files.
- It also works with memory cards of digital camera.
How to Use Restoration
- Open the software with Administrator privilege.
- Then select the Directory from where your files were deleted.
- And then click on Search Deleted Files and it will start scanning.
- Then you have to select the files you want to recover and click on Restore by copying.
- After that, just set the destination folder of your choice and save the files there by clicking on Save.
- Very easy to use software.
- It is a portable software, which means you do not need to install it.
- It is a freeware and very small in size.
- Have not been updated for a long time.
- Processing might be slow.
"Had lost all my data"
By Manjudew75 Mar 29, 2012
"I had lost almost all the data I did in the office from last 6 months right days before submitting it. Thanks god. And then this software, small, easy and reliable recovered my 6 months back. Thanks a million..."
"Gets the job done"
By Chandan Mar 22, 2010
"Very simple, easy to use application. And it gets the job done."
"This rescued all my photos"
By DThurston Aug 07, 2007
"I thought I had lost my huge picture file and was frantic. I found a recommendation for Restoration, downloaded it, and had my photos restored within minutes. The program was extremely easy to use."
Download link: http://restoration.en.softonic.com
Recuva is a well-known software through which you can restore your deleted files. It is very light in size but very handy. You can get to know about this software from below.
- Recuva can easily scan for your deleted files and recover them in a snap.
- It has a 'Deep Scan' feature, which can be useful for recovering highly damaged files.
- It can recover files from any external media such as- memory cards, hard drives (external), USB disks etc.
How to Use Recuva
- Open the app on your PC and click on Next.
- Then choose your File Type that you want to recover. If you do not know then select 'Other' and click Next
- Then select the file location from where the files were deleted. Then click on Next.
- Then if you want to perform a Deep scan then checkmark on 'Enable Deep Scan'. Other than that you can click Next and the soft will start scanning.
- After that, the deleted files will be displayed on the screen with their detailed information. Select them and click on 'Recover' to recover the file.
- You can use it for free of cost. However, you can also buy the 'Professional version'.
- It has a portable version too.
- You can recover even E-mails and MS word documents which have been accidentally deleted or you have forgotten to save.
- The 'Deep Scan' can take a lot of time.
- "I like Recuva a lot. It's super-fast to install and to run. You just select a drive, and Recuva will scan for deleted files that have been deleted, including files that you've emptied from your recycle bin. If the file's recoverable, Recuva will tell you."
- "If you just want a good un-delete program with a small disk footprint (and no financial cost), then Recuva is what you're looking for... the interface is the very model of restrained style and efficiency."
- "After using Recuva for a couple of days, I have ended up being very impressed with it. It is very fast with finding recoverable files and when you click on what you want brought back, it restores the file and sends it back to your hard drive within seconds."
Download link: https://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard
How To Recover Deleted Files From Memory Card Part III. Conclusions
We have tried our best to provide with all of the detailed information on how to recover deleted files with different kind of software. We hope that by reading this article you will be able to recover your precious data which were deleted from your hard drive or memory card.